Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Problem with Outlook 2010 clients attachment with Service Desk 4.5

Highlighted
Jawwad Ul Haq
Contributor.

Problem with Outlook 2010 clients attachment with Service Desk 4.5

Dear All,

We are still running Service Desk 4.5 with SP17. Our users are now been migrated from Lotus NOtes email system to Exchange using Outlook 2010 client.

I've seen that it's a know issue found with Outlook 2007, and SP 26 is suppose to fix this problem. My problem is that we are still on SP17 and a lot customization has been done, installing SP 26 might create more problems instead of fixing.

I've seen some discussions reagrding pearl script which will remove the three extra fileds which Outlook is added and not supported by SD.

I would request if someone can share this pearl script and also provide steps to implement it. As more and more users are migrating to Outlook this problem is getting critical.

Also by Jan 2011 we will be migrating to Service Manager 9.2, so there is limited time for me to test SP 26 and the only way to fix this issue will be the pearl script.

For your information we are getting the following errors.

The email you sent has not resulted in registration/update of a Service Call. The following error(s) occurs:

Error when put file D:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\tmp\3671-sama.jo.jpg;size=100066;creation-date=Wed, 06 Oct 2010 15:43:49 GMT;modification-date=Mon, 05 Oct 2009 22:54:34 GMT!#! to attachment server: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\tmp\3671-sama.jo.jpg;size=100066;creation-date=Wed, 06 Oct 2010 15:43:49 GMT;modification-date=Mon, 05 Oct 2009 22:54:34 GMT!#! (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
1 REPLY
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Problem with Outlook 2010 clients attachment with Service Desk 4.5

The fields that need to be removed via perl script are size, creation-date and modification-date.

You might also want to look at testing King Vasily's hotfix here:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1204787

Hope this helps.
Points (and pints) are welcome!

The Pike