Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Problem with INCIDENT Custom Field (Person)

Highlighted
Marty Brown_1
Super Contributor.

Problem with INCIDENT Custom Field (Person)

Hi all: Using SD4.5 SP15, I am trying to make use of the spare "Person" field that is available as a Custom Field on INCIDENT.

I activate it as I have for other Custom fields, and can successfully place it on a Form.

Problem is, this new PERSON field is always greyed out. I can't seem to be able to populate it with anything, get a UI rule to fill it with anything, etc.

I am even trying this as System Administrator, so ther shouldn't be any Role/Rights issue. (I've double-checked the Sytem Admin ROLE and confirmed that this custom field is Set to WRITE, etc.)

Has anybody actually used this spare PERSON field on INCIDENT and gotten it to work successfully? Any ideas on why this wouldn't be working for me??

Thanks!

~Marty
4 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Problem with INCIDENT Custom Field (Person)

Marty,

Is it possible that your field is activated for only certain categories, and that your incident category is not populated with one of them?

-Josh
Marty Brown_1
Super Contributor.

Josh:

No, this is not the case, although there are NO categories for me to select. See ScreenShot attached...

~Marty

Marty Brown_1
Super Contributor.

Josh:

I figured it out! Since I couldn't get at the "Activate for All Categories" radio button because I have no Incident Categories defined, I got around this by adding a Category temporarily, and then was able to see that in fact the field had not been activated for ALL categories. I checked the right Radio button, and all is now well.

Thanks for the help! Never underestimate the value or moral support! :-)

~Marty
Marty Brown_1
Super Contributor.

See note above