cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem whit concurrent users in SD 4.5 sp 18

Highlighted

Problem whit concurrent users in SD 4.5 sp 18

Hi everyone,
When somebody logs in (concurrent user), its generating a lot of sessions, so others users cant log in.
for example you see in "logged users"
person1
person2
person2
person2
person2
person2
so when other users try to log in, there are no more concuret users licenses and i get this error in the log
Access denied : maximum number of concurrent users reached

can someone help me figuring out why this is happening?

Thanks a lot
Att:
federico Chaves
This problem is happening from time to time
Best Regards,

Federico Chaves
8 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem whit concurrent users in SD 4.5 sp 18

Hi,

does stopping and restarting the application servers help?

There is no way to restrict the ammount of times a concurrent account can log on. Named accounts can log on to a a max of 8 or 9 times.

Hello, and thanks for your quick answer.
restarting te server doesnt stop this issue.
I know te users can log any number of times, but the problem is that they are only logged on once but they are appearing in SD as they where logged 10 or 15 times
Best Regards,

Federico Chaves
Raman Shcharbak
Frequent Visitor

how many tcp connections to port 30999 does netstat -no show on client host? Are they all have one PID? If not - may be there are several SD consloes in hanged\zombie state on a clint host..
András Szász
Acclaimed Contributor

Did you find a solution (or a workaround) for this problem?

We are experiencing the same on SP17, that at a point one or more users' clients start initiating a lot of dead sessions thus eating up the licenses...
Restarting does not solve the problem, it reappears after 5-20 minutes again.
That's really annoying on a production system with users watching over your shoulder...

The server's log does not show anything interesting, only the clients' log have a lot of Java exceptions: NullPointerException, AppStreamException...
I've already run sd45viewrules.cmd, and deleted some suggested rows, but this issue did not disappear!

Thanks,

Andras Szasz
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I have seen this issue reported for Web Console users... if this is your case, check with HP support and they might have a HotFix for following known problem:
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/ITSM008559

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

For sp17, Hp has critical fixes in a bundle. Ask them for that and the fix for the runaway licenses should be in the bundle. It's trigger when you use attachment categories or something like that. It's a known problem.
András Szász
Acclaimed Contributor

Thank you both for your suggestions, it seems that removing the attachment classifications temporarily solved the problem!

I've also received the hotfix bundle from HP, and I'm planning it's installation very soon.

Thanks,

Andras
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

You are most welcome. Just help others and allocate points if you can and let the karma chain continue. By the way, once you have apply the hotfix bundle, you can turn the attachment classification back on. It's fix is in there.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event