The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to Send email to Gmail; Yahoo; Hotmail

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
William_157

Problem to Send email to Gmail; Yahoo; Hotmail

Problem to Send email to Gmail; Yahoo; Hotmail via DB Rules in Service Desk 4.5 -> Java 1.3 -> SP12
8 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Problem to Send email to Gmail; Yahoo; Hotmail

Hello William,

Service Desk does not route emails. If there is a problem you must investigate it at the server that is defined as "E-mail Server" at administrator console/system panel/E-mail at the first tab
menes fhtagn
William_157

This is the error see the attachment
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

William,

Service desk tries to sends email using "From Address" through your e-mail server, but the e-mail server rejects it.

Either service desk doesn't use a valid domain name or the "From address" (defined in system panel/email on the first tab) is not valid for the mail server.
menes fhtagn
Ganesha Sridhar
Esteemed Contributor

Hello,

I have tested this in my system, and it works fine for yahoo. We are using sendmail as mail server, and I think the problem is with mail server not with OVSD. The mail server may requires some configuration to send mail outside (yahoo or hotmail)

HTH

Regards
Ganesha Sridhara
Oguz Kutlu Asi
Honored Contributor

Yep, it's about mail server, exchange in your case. Check your relay settings, if everything is ok about mail server, check if you're using a cisco pix firewall to reach internet. We've experienced same problem a year ago, all explained here

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q275575
What's right is right, whether or not God exists
William_157

Hi thanks for all answer.

But when i send the email with this account via outlook the messeges arrives with out of error.
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello William,

It is not the same. You may use this mail as from but you are connecting from a computer that has relay rights on your exchange.

It is not the same. Consider the case with service desk. The application server, having an ip and a hostname connects to port 25 of the server defined in the e-mail settings.

Don't take my word for it. Log in using terminal services (if app server is windows) or using telnet to the machine hosting application server.

Then telnet 25
ehlo
you will get a list of supported commands
now type
mail from:
depending on the authentication mechanism it will tell you if "Sender OK"
now type
rcpt to:
it will repsponds that "relay denied"
It doesn't recognise you and as a safety measure it won't allow you to send email that the destination is not local (this is relay)

If however you write
rcpt to:
it will probably tell you "Recipient OK".

Now, if you do this telnet from your computer, the mail server will recognise you thus letting you using it as a relay.
menes fhtagn
William_157

Thanks
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event