The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Import Mapping

Highlighted
M Kumar
Collector

Problem in Import Mapping

Hi All,

I want to ignore one sub OU while synchronizing with Active Directory. For Ex.
if OU is named as B34 having sub OU's as Admin,HR,Team Leader,Team Member.

B34 (parent OU)and child OU's are-

-Admin
-HR
-Team Leader
-Team Member

We are using B34 OU in our .INI file for importing data from AD. Is there any way to ignore Team Member child OU. My .INI file is as below-

[CLASSES]
NAME=N1PERSON

[N1PERSON]

SOURCE=ou=B34,dc=eserveglobal,dc=com
COLUMNS=[Name],[userPrincipalName],[sn],[description],[givenName],[mail],[TelephoneNumber]
ATT=[Name],[userPrincipalName],[sn],[description],[givenName],[mail],[TelephoneNumber]
SEARCHSCOPE=SUBTREE_SCOPE
CONDITION=(objectCategory=CN=Person,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=eserveglobal,DC=com)
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem in Import Mapping

Hello Manoj,

You need to add additional condition Name is not "Team Member" and (if I'm not mistaken) this must be done using ldap syntax.

Try something like that

CONDITION=(&((objectCategory=CN=Person,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=eserveglobal,DC=com)(!Name=Team Member)))
menes fhtagn
M Kumar
Collector

Hi George,

Thanks for you response.I believe the solution suggested by you is very close to solution but it is not working here for OU.
Jonathon Druce
Honored Contributor

Have you tried

CONDITION=(&(objectCategory=Person)!(OU=Team Member))
M Kumar
Collector

Thanks for response Jonathon, but sorry to say it is also not working. It is importing Team Member OU users also.
Raman Shcharbak
Frequent Visitor

I use csvde to import users from AD
The resulting csv file then can be atthached to odbc. But previously you can filter unneeded rows using findstr command:
type myAllusers.csv | findstr -V "My OU string to skip" > myNeededUsers.csv.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event