Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Problem in Database rule

Highlighted
Kunal Jha
Valued Contributor.

Problem in Database rule

Hi ,
I am trying to make the top priority calls in Red banner , medium with yellow and so on . I have created the DB Rule but not getting any result . Its a test lab on which i am trying .

When service call is created or modified
where Priority (*) equals High
Red Banner (Command Exec Action) , Shows a red banner with text about assigned service call, Host: [Hostname], Command line: "%SD_AGENTHOME%\bin\banner.exe", Parameters: /green Service call [ID]; has been assigned to you.

Any help will be appreciated
8 REPLIES
Michal Kovac
Super Contributor.

Re: Problem in Database rule

Hi Kunal,
basicaly for banners you will need:
-windows machine with sd_agent installed and started (f.i. as an OS service "HP OpenView Service Desk agent" /install service with installagentservice.bat/)
-in DB rule field "Host" have to be IP_address or hostname of machine where the sd_agent is up&running (also TCP network connection sd_server->sd_agent:50998 should work)
-last: for red banner use "/red", for green "/green" etc.

Regards,
Michal
Kunal Jha
Valued Contributor.

Hi Mic ,
I have verified these all thing what you told before raising this issue but still its not displaying banner . On the same DB rule i gave a condition that when priority equal high set the description as ######## . This is working but banner condition is not working . In the command prompt when i give the path %SD_AGENTHOME%\bin\banner it shows yellow banner but in DB rule its not displaying .
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi there,

If a data update action IS working but an execute command action is NOT on the same DB rule, it is almost certainly an issue with the agent.

Are there any errors in logserver.txt? Try putting rule debug on and try again and see if there are any errors.

Does the agent log on the target machine say anything?

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Kunal Jha
Valued Contributor.

Hi Ruth ,
Log says the rule created was excuted . But for that rule if i generate any ticket it goes to schedule task . And i am unable to reschedule it . I guess you know why any ticket ID is schedule (because it was not excuted correctly at that time ).

Hope you all are getting my problem clear , want your help . TC Byeeeeeeeee
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi there,

I am confused - I do not understand why you have a scheduled task?

Regards, Ruth
Kunal Jha
Valued Contributor.

Hi Ruth ,
When you create any DB Rule and it doesn't get executed perfectly at that time when condition is meet then it automatically generate schedule task for that particular Ticket ID (This is the answer for your question) .

I have checked the log but it says the DB Rule was executed but still the banner is not being displayed .

Any answer .
Venkatesha_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Check the hostname having the proper IP address of the machine in which the banner is required.

You can manually verify the banner runing status on the machine.

HTH
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi there,

In my system because I have rule debug switched on, I can see in logserver.txt on the server details of how the agent processes commands. See attached.

So if you do not have rule debug on, turn it on check what the logserver.txt shows.

If that does not help, please post screen shots of your rule.

Regards, Ruth