The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem copying a Service Call vs. an Incident

Highlighted
Carrie L Ellswo
Collector

Problem copying a Service Call vs. an Incident

Service Desk 4.5 SP 11
When a do a Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V on an Incident the Incident form opens automatically. When I do the same for a Service Call, it creates the Service Call without opening the form.

I don't believe I have any rules in place for the Incident. So, is there a setting in the admin console that I can control the opening of the Service Call form?

3 REPLIES
Michel SILVA SO
Occasional Visitor

Re: Problem copying a Service Call vs. an Incident

Hi Carrie,

In HPOVSD you can use the "COPY" Functionality to copy values from SC to Incidents and vice-versa.

Open your Admin Console: DATA > COPY FIELDS, and define the fields you want the tool copies (keeps) from one form to the other.

Open a Records SC (or Incident), on the record Menu: ACTIONS > Create Incident (or SC) - Copy values from current Item.

It should work just fine.

Hope this helps,
Rgds,
Michel
Carrie L Ellswo
Collector

I want to duplicate a Service Call, and I can actually do that.

The question is how can I get the form to actually open?

I found the soltion on my own. I took away one of the required fields on NEW status and created the SC using a SC that was created using the Default Template instead of a regular template.

Thank you for the attempt!
Carrie L Ellswo
Collector

Copy fields should not have all the required fields. And/Or you need to use the Default Template to create the Service Call and not another SC that used a different SC template.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event