The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem configuring database using sd db configurator

Highlighted
Harris Vourliot
Regular Collector

Problem configuring database using sd db configurator

Hi there,
I have installed my sql server2000 with sp4 and have installed the server part of sd, when i run the Service Desk Database Configuration i get an error on the screen where i enter my username and password to connect to the db.
the error is as follows:
"Failed to open connection to service desk repository.
java.io.InterruptedIOException: Receive timed out"
I have tried to do an odbc connection from my sd server to the database server using the exact same credentials and this is working without any problems, however in the sd db configurator i am getting this error.

Any suggestions?
NB: i am installing sd 4.5 on a Win2003 server and have am using the patch for installation on a 2k3 box to do this installation.

Thanks
Harris
3 REPLIES
Alexey Dukov
Frequent Visitor

Re: Problem configuring database using sd db configurator

HI !

I see this erorr when in SQL Server ->
Server Network Utility TCP/IP properties with wrong port.

Check this parametrs and all Server properties.

Hope this help.

Best regards,
Alexey.
Harris Vourliot
Regular Collector

Hi,
Nope checked my db settings and my connections settings and all is ok, i use the same settings and connect to the database using an odbc driver, so something else is the problem, any ideas?

Thanks

Harris
Raman Shcharbak
Frequent Visitor

Are SD and SQL server situated on one host?
On what host did you configure odbc connection? Did you use TCP\IP connection method in odbc options (see attach)?
Try to check port availability:
telnet sqlserver.hostname 1433
As Alexey Dukov said, you should configure your sql server so that it listens on TcP port (1433).
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event