Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Problem actual start

Highlighted
Nyan_1
Honored Contributor.

Problem actual start

Hi all,

How would I go about setting the Problem Actual Start to current date when I create a problem from Action SC or INC. The company's copy field in SC is selected for actual start so it will copy the field into the problem actual start field. What should happen is when a new problem is created from Action SC or INC the actual start in Problem should be set to current date.
What I would like to know is what overrides what with regards to Template; DB rules; UI rules and Copy field.

Many Thanks

Nyan
3 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Problem actual start

Hi Nyan,

can you remove the copy "Actual Start" for service call so that it doesn't copy the value. Then create a UI rule that sets the problem record value for "Actual Start" to the current date using a date function in the rule?

The trigger for the rule could be e.g. where status exists.

If the UI rule does not work for problems created from a default action have a look at this thread for adding a paramter in the action.I am not sure if you can modify the default actions but you could create your own to do the same thing.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=206614
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Nyan,

Here is what we do - it might be applicable to your environment.

When a new item is created, its status is New. You may or may not wish to save the new item. If you decide to go ahead, you change the status to Registered and save the item.

Changing the status to Registered can allow you to use a UI rule which will set Actual Start. Until you have set the status to registered, you are not considered to have triggered the process.

-Josh
Van der Vennet
Honored Contributor.

Nyan,

why don't just pick it up in your template(s)? I think this is the most easy way to solve this.

rgrds,

Lawrence
we have been where you wanna go..