Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Priorities/SLA's

Highlighted
Simon Turner_4
Trusted Contributor.

Priorities/SLA's

We have out of hours engineers who need to log calls on the system, but with the duration settings it says that the time taken is 0 hours.

When they log a call it is taking the support hours into consideration.

Is there any way of changing this or setting up a priority that stops it taking these into consideration when logging the call out of hours?

Simon
5 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Priorities/SLA's

Hi simon,

You need to set up separate Service Levels for each set of support hours. Then you can associate these with their own SLAs and the SLAs with Services. For example you might have "Service1" and "Service1 (24x7)" and use the 24x7 one when logging out of hours.

Hope this gives you some ideas

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Simon Turner_4
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks Ruth,

I have tried setting up a service and an SLA with the 24x7 Service Level attatched to it. Then created a rule that when the priority is selected it changes the Service on the call. When it does this the Service Level does not change from the default and is greyed out on the call. Is there some kind of reason for this?

Simon
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Simon,

Does the SL alter if you change the Service manually (rather than via rule)?

On my system where the caller is a receiver of both the normal and 24x7 service it does alter the SL when I select the other Service manually.

Hope this helps

Ruth

http://www.teamultra.net
Simon Turner_4
Trusted Contributor.

Is there a way that the service levels can be assigned to a workgroup or engineer so that when they take the call they can change the SL on it.

This is only because there are probably hundreds of customers/users that could log a call that needs out of hours support.
Simon Turner_4
Trusted Contributor.

This all seems to be working now. The rule I created has resolved itself, maybe just needed some time to sort itself out.

Thanks for all your help

Simon