Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to filter service quick find list?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jan Gunnar Helg

Possible to filter service quick find list?

We want to make the service field mandatory on the service call form to make our reports have better data integrity.

The problem is that our service catalogue is comprised of 5000+ items used by our front-end web manager.

However when selecting a service on the service call we only want about 600 of these to be available for the case handler.

Even if I make a view with the needed filters these are not applied when one click the quick find button on the service field. It still shows all records.

Is there any workaround for this?
3 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Possible to filter service quick find list?

Hi there,

You can apply filters by using the option "Apply filters in Advanced Find and Quick Find" on the General settings.

However this will apply filters to ALL advanced and quick finds not juts for Services.

There are other ways round this - you put the services you DO want to offer in a folder and set the role for the case handlers only to see that folder.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Jan Gunnar Helg

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for the tips.

I tried your first suggestion but as you said it caused to many unwanted errors.

Can you explain in a bit more detail how I can do this in another way with a folder?
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi there,

To use folders, first you need to set the setting "Enable folder entitlement" in general settings.

Then create a folder and put the 600 Service you wnat in there. Then set up a role and allow view access to Services in that folder only.

Then remove service access on any other roles the case handler staff have associated with their accounts.

Then give the case handlers this new role; then they should only see the Services in that folder.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event