Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to hide WOs until the predecessor is closed?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jan Gunnar Helg

Possibility to hide WOs until the predecessor is closed?

Hi

We are running on SP21

Our change managment want the ability to hide created work orders from the assigned workgroup until the set predecessor is closed, is this possible?
4 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Possibility to hide WOs until the predecessor is closed?

hi there,

Yes this is possible.

First set up a status on a WO and call it "Not ready" (or something similar) and ensure all dependent WOs have this status set by template. Exclude this status from any "My workgroup" type views.

Ensure that the status(es) that means Closed on a WO have state Closed and then have a DB rule which when a WO status is changed to state closed, that you do a data update on a related record choosing successor to alter the status of the successor to be the one after "Not Ready".

Then they will appear in a My workgroup type view as soon as the predecesor closes.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Jan Gunnar Helg

Yes, thanks alot! :)
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

My answer is on one of Jan's other entries with the same topic - I think his ACTUAL issue is the Workgroups getting "assigned to you" messages too early in the lifecycle which means keeping the ASSIGNED TO field blank (or generic) until the WO starts.
Jan Gunnar Helg

Sorry about the double post, the ITRC forum has been buggy for me all day, giving me strange errors.

The assignment email I can handle, you both gave me a way to solve the main problem :)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event