The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populate related w/o or S/R with value from Paretnt Request

Highlighted
Sandra Sparrow
Super Collector

Populate related w/o or S/R with value from Paretnt Request

Is there a way to set up a UI rule to populate a field (ie Customer) on related support requests or work orders? I have a template created with 4 work orders that I'm trying to get the customer copied over from.

Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES
GwenH
Occasional Contributor

Re: Populate related w/o or S/R with value from Paretnt Request

If you are using Service Desk 4.5 with a Service Pack greater than SP18 this should work:

You can do this via a database rule when using a template. We have a rule set up which will auto-populate the Customer information when the work order is created. This works for templates. I have the same rule created as a UI rule for when a work order is manually created by the user.

This is what the rule looks like:
When work order is created
where NOT (Service call;Customer (*) is empty)
AND Template (*) is anything
AND NOT (Service call (*) is empty)
Update Customer Informatoin (Update Data) Customer;Search code set to [Service call Customer Search code]
Sandra Sparrow
Super Collector

Re: Populate related w/o or S/R with value from Paretnt Request

Only problem is I've created the related support requests as part of a new Support Request template so neither the S/R or W/Os have been saved and therefore the relationship is not fully established. So the NOT (Support Request(*) Is Empty) is never met.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event