Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pharoah Jasper leaves HP OpenView Service Desk world

Highlighted
Jasper Verweij
Honored Contributor

Pharoah Jasper leaves HP OpenView Service Desk world

Hi forum friends,

After more than six years in the OpenView world and more than 3 years working for Westbury, I have decided to leave Westbury and the HP OpenView Service Desk world. Per 1-Feb-2006 I will start in a new position with another Dutch company. This new position has no relation with OpenView at all, so that will mean that I need to kick the habit of daily checking the ITRC forums, HP support site, etc.

Over the years a lot of people have made wrong assumptions about me:
- Besides ITRC forums I had plenty of time to do my work. If you come regularly to this place, it is easier to keep on SD-track!
- I didn't work for HP and did not (unfortunately) have direct influence on new features made by HP ...
- I wasn't the lead designer for Service Desk
- I'm not the founder of Westbury. Westbury existed already before I joined this club of smart people. I was just a small part of the big Westbury picture. Without me this picture remains complete.

Each pharaoh needs to plan his trip to the Duat (Underworld). I have found already a spot somewhere in the desert (see attachment). I have no plans to start my trip to the Duat yet, but building a pyramid as big as Pyramid of Cheops takes some time nowadays ;-)

Please keep on sharing information via these forums. Without this community, everyone needs to re-invent SD-wheels over and over again. Although ITRC forums is quite well known to a lot of people, I still meet people in the Service Desk world who are not aware of the existence of these ITRC forums. On the other hand, I hope that these forums will receive more attention from HP, because it is an easy way of getting information from the field.

Good luck and keep on contributing,

Jasper
40 REPLIES
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Re: Pharoah Jasper leaves HP OpenView Service Desk world

Hi Jasper,

I feel proud to be the first one on this forum to wish you good luck..I have a very little time to interact with you through your responses..To me, you are the king of SD..So do not let your kingdom leave like this..

Anyways, May god bless you and you achieve more and more in your new line..

BEST OF LUCK and BEST WISHES.

Regards,
Akhil
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Jasper,

I think this could be safely called "the end of an era" - you will be very much missed.

I would like to wish you all the very best in your new venture and to say many thanks for all the help and advice you have provided over the years.

I am sure you will become an expert in your new chosen field very quickly and as respected there as you are here.

Good luck and again, thanks

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Jasper,

many thanks for all your help and advice. You will be missed from this forum.

Best of luck for the future.
Steven De Smet
Frequent Visitor

Hello Jasper,

This news is a shock to me. Although our paths crossed each other a few times (Philips, Westbury and Ultracomp in Belgium) We didn't meet each other.

It will be a great loss for the Openview community that such a talent will not continue to contribute anymore, especially with a new challenge called SD 5.0.

Well maybe one day OVSD will come in the picture again, you never know...
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Jasper,

For starters thank you for all the contributions you've made to this forum all these years. We surely are going to miss you your deep knowledge and your advices.

Good luck and best wishes for your new start. Are you sure that you cannot convice them working with HPOV? :)

All Hail Pharaoh Jasper
menes fhtagn
Simon Ellingsga
Super Collector

Hi Pharoah Jasper

Like Ruth, I feel this to be the end of an Era, and I know for a fact you will be surely missed by the forum memerbs.

Through the years you have been a major contributor of valid answers, in fact each time I have searched for solutions, I always hoped to find an answer by you, because then I was quite confident it would be a valid solution. Its a shame Hewlett Packard didnt headhunt you, for employment in the Service Desk department ;-)

I hope you will find many challenges and much joy in your new line of work. Should you decide to return, you will be welcomed back.
The King is dead! Long live the King

Best wishes for your future endeavours
Simon Ellingsgaard
Allan Bowman
Regular Collector

Jasper -

Your contributions to this forum will be sorely missed.

Good luck with your new position!

Allan in Atlanta
Chris Bailey_3
Honored Contributor

Jasper,

Wow, what can I add other than that I thank you for all the help you've provided myself and so many others here. With any luck the community will persevere and others will fill the gap left in your absence. Surely it won't be easy though. ;)

Best of luck in the new position. Hopefully you can make as much of a difference there as I'm sure many would say you've made here.

Thanks,
Chris
Rubem Andrade
Occasional Visitor

Hi great Jasper,

First of all, Thanks a lot for the good answers.
Success on the new way.
Peace , Health , Love , harmony and Wisdow.
God bless you.
RA
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Jasper,

You get my Most Valuable Player award. I will set up a ushabti for you.

Regards to Isis and Osiris,
-Josh
Steve Bunten
Honored Contributor

I have not had much need for asking questions on ServiceDesk since most of my implementation work I do is focused on OVO and NNM but it will be a loss for SD users to have a resource such as you leave.

However, it will be nice to see a new pyramid added to those which were made so long ago! :-)

Best of luck in your new job!
Nilesh_5
Super Collector

Dear Jasper,

You are real GURU of Service Desk. Whatever may be the problem, u have a solution for it.
It is very unfortunate that the caliber of a person like u is leaving this ITRC forum.
We will miss u a lot.

Wish you best of luck and have great success for the next journey of entirely different kind of professional life.

Nilesh
Hanspeter Loche
Regular Collector

Hi Jasper
What else can I add to all mentioned above? Good luck and all the best for you and to your future profession also from Switzerland. We will miss you too.
Cheers
Hanspeter
Pinion
HPE Expert

Dear God,

Please keep somem one who reading this message have a good life and good job,....

And I also wish that GOD will send angle to surround you, to keep you safe to bring you worm to bring a good thing to you.

Good luck...
bR,
Krieng.
-/\-
Oscar Willems
Regular Collector

"All of the above answers" is the only true remark I can give.
I haven't been on the forum as much as I should have been and wanted. But the times that I was, you were always there to give the right answer!
And there I was yesterday writing your name on the request for on-site support, knowing you would be able to solve our problems here.
But all the best to you and good luck with you new job (where???)

groetjes, Anoek
Judit_Pongracz
Super Collector

Hi Jasper,

I wish you good luck and success in your next step, and many thanks for the help you've provided to the OVSD community here!
Judit
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Hi Jasper,

People have said this before, but I'd love to say it again... You will be missed. Do drop in to this site once in a while. Wishing you all the best in your new work. All the very best.

When people start posting questions with your name in the subject line - you know you have achieved something special. It's that special thing that you'll always have.

Take care,

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Stephan Conrad_
Super Collector

Hi Jasper,

thanks for all your Help and good luck in the future.

Stephan
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for lot the help rendered by you. Wish you the very best in all your engagements.

-Ram
Eric P_2

Hi Jasper,

Many thanks to you for all your contribution. Wishing you good luck on your next career.

Cheers!
Ganesha Sridhar
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Jasper,

We got lot of doubt clarified from his reply in the forum.

Good luck JASPER for your new job.

Regards
Ganesha Sridhara
Guy Salomon
Regular Collector

Jasper, There is not much more I can add that hasn't been said earlier. You have been a fantastic resource that "always had the solution".

Thanks again for ALL your help.

Good luck and God's Speed,

Guy
jamxav
Regular Collector

This long list of replies says it all. Jasper, you will be missed by all of us. Best of luck!!

Diego
Robby De Naeyer
Regular Collector

Dear Jasper,

Indeed you will be missed,
Not only as the all knowing Service Desk guru but also as a friend.

I really enjoyed working with you at Westbury and I would also like to thank you for teaching me all the ins and outs of Service Desk.

Since I left Westbury we have had less contact but I sure hope that or paths will cross again in the future.
Until then I wish you the very best with this start of a new career.

Best regards,
Robby.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event