Person in many organizations..

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Carlos_211
Super Contributor.

Person in many organizations..

Hi,

In Service Desk, a Person can only be related to one Organization (the one that will appear in callerOrganization, for example)

I have a problem with that...

In my installation, a customer can be in more than one organizations( in one as a tecnician an in other as a boss, in other as a employee, and so on)

How can I do it in Service desk?

I would like that, when I select a caller in a SC, The organizationcaller field shows me all the organizations in witch he is.

Any Idea?

Thanks, Carlos
6 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Person in many organizations..

Hi Carlos,

Can you use workgroups for these?

Regards

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Carlos_211
Super Contributor.

No, I cannot.

There are different workgroups already created to solve the SC and incidents, and are different from the Organizations created. The people in workgroups are different from people in the organizations. (in organizations are the clientes and only the workers are in a workgroup)

The idea is:

- In a service call, when a client calls, I shold choose between different organizations in witch he is.

- Configuration Items, When I select the owner, I should choose also the OwnerOrganization i want for this Ci.

The big problem is relate one person with more than one Organization...

Any service pack solve this problem?

S.O.S.

Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Carlos,

In SP18 of 4.5 there are unlimited custom fields so you could set up more links froma person record to organization.

Hope this helps

Ruth
Carlos_211
Super Contributor.

Thanks Ruth.

This solve one of the problems (one person to many organizations) but..

When I select the caller in a SC, Will I be a able to choose the organization showed in CallerOrganization, or it will be the default one for a person.

Unfortunately, I suppose I won't be able to select between all the organizations of this person :(

This is becouse I can add more organizatiosn to a Person, but this person only is member of one of them.

Am i right? Any other Idea?.

Thanks
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi Carlos,

You are right; on a SC it will be the org the person is a member of.

The only thing I can suggest is to set up an overview action possibly using an explorer view which shows all the linked organisations.

Note that you can drag and drop from the screen that appears from the overview action to a field in the SC.

Hope this helps

Ruth
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Carlos,

I can think of two reasons why you might want to know the organization(s) of a person:

1. reporting on service calls, changes, etc. by organization
2. defining entitlement to services and sevice levels.

If your requirement is 1., the mere fact of assigning a person to multiple organizations will not solve your reporting problem (and most organizations wouldn't care about it, either).

If your requirement is 2., you can also define entitlement at the person level, although this is far less elegant than defining it at the organizational level.

So...why do you REALLY need to assign people to multiple organzations in OVSD?

-Josh