cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Person Database

Highlighted
Jeff Poling

Person Database

Is there a way to effectively clean up the person database? For example, we import new people from our LDAP server. The import process modifies existing person records, but it does not delete records from SD. We are a college and have hundreds of new people(students) added each semester to the SD database. Once those students leave the school, I don't want their names to be able to be selected as a caller.

can this be done?

Thanks,

Jeff
4 REPLIES
Crist Vandendri
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Person Database

Jeff,

Have a look at following thread.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=792001

Hope this helps

Crist
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

Also, generally you will be having the status records for each person in LDAP. You can write a DB rule in such a way that if the status is 'INACTIVE' (or something like this) then you can block that person record.
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

I have a different approach to the Jasper "reverse XML" mechanism. I use a small ACCESS database which reads from AD and from SD and compares the results to produce NEW, MOD and DEL lists which can be processed as two data exchange runs (new and mod share same mapping). This is so efficient (compared to XML delta or running the whole AD file again) that it can be run daily and because numbers of changes are small there is little impact from the Data Exchanges even if fired during the day.

When it comes to telephone numbers you cannot block them and I couldn't possibly suggest that you generate a set of OID values and use raw SQL on them now could I?
Jonathon Druce
Honored Contributor

Jeff,

I assum your LDAP source is AD. In the only AD integration I have worked on I blocked disabled persons by using the following condition for a class called "Blocked"

Condition=(&(objectclass=person) (UserAccountControl=514))

Obviously the names are going to be dependent on the schema. The value of 514 seems to be blocked (I have no idea why this number).

I then import the value of the UserAccountControl to a cusom person field with a DB rule that says when the value of the custom field = 514 block the record.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event