The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance on large searches (HP OV 4.5 SP12)

Highlighted
Peter J Gray
Regular Collector

Performance on large searches (HP OV 4.5 SP12)

Hi,

I am looking at ways to improve HP Openview Performance on large searches. It oftern occurs that large searches either take very long to return or hang the application.

All suggestions welcome on this issue.

Thanks,

Peter
4 REPLIES

Re: Performance on large searches (HP OV 4.5 SP12)

Hi peter,

what you could do is to put a query restriction on your views, this will speed up the results

Lawrence
we have been where you wanna go..
Bc'tje
Collector

Yes peter, you could put a query restriction into your views like Lawrence said.

- Go to the Administrator Console
- Go to Presentation - Searce
- Open the desired type (e.g. Service Call) you want to restrict, and enter the maximum of rows (e.g. 2500) you want to display.

So any view of a Service Call can not display more than 2500 records. If the result you expected is not in that view, the user must use the advanced find.
I didn't do it
Bc'tje
Collector

I meant
- Go to Presentation - Search
I didn't do it
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Peter,

as mentioned above query restriction will reduce the overhead as it will display less results howover you probably dont get what you want to see.

The overal solution is to run queries against the DB or use a reporting tool as you can see the client hangs when searching for large amounts of data.

Try run a query against the view tables in the DB and export to a spreadsheet as this may give you what you want.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event