The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending State for a Call- how to calculate the actual call duration??

Highlighted
Utkarsh_1
Occasional Contributor

Pending State for a Call- how to calculate the actual call duration??

Hi,

i m using SD 5.0.
the question i m having is how to calculate the Call Duration/Actual Duration of any call when that call happens to Reach the Pending state..Bcoz in the pending state, i wud like the Clock counter to stop calculating the time and hence this shud not make the call duration exceed the Actual Deadline of the call....
if the call doesnt reach the Pending state then its ok for me, but when it reaches the Pending state is a problem..

Hope to get a quick and kind response,

Thanks,

Utkarsh

7 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Pending State for a Call- how to calculate the actual call duration??

Hi there,

See http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1062991 for an idea on how yoy might do this

Hope it helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Utkarsh_1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ruth,

I appreciate ur efforts to help me out..but i cudnt understand how the Planned Start and Planned finish will help me out in this context..

If there can be a better explaination for the same would be kind of u..any formula as to how come is the planned start and planned finish contributing to the Call Duration when call being in the Pending State..

Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

You set up a DB rule which is run when the call goes into pending status and keep the time it went to this status in a custom date field*.

Then you have a second DB which runs when the status moves a value which indicates Pending has finished.

Then if you put existing deadline into a second custom date field and move the vlaue you saved in * above to Planned Start and put current date/time into Planned finish, the system wil calculate Planned duration which is the time spent in Pending.

Then set Deadline to old deadline + planned duration.

Hope this helps

Ruth

http://www.teamultra.net
Utkarsh_1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ruth,

thanks for ur help..shall now try the same as suggested by and shall get back to as soon as i apply the rule and would let u know of the result.

thanks Ruth once again.
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

Not sure if its true or not, but my consultant told me the analyzed data tables track the time between statuses. If true, you should be able to build reports in Crystal that can show the "real clock time". How are your Crystal Reports skills?
Utkarsh_1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Hater,

nice to have ur response over the pending call problem..i have never worked on Crystal Reports..

But for now can u give me a confirmation sort of a thing that the same can be done when we go for reporting through Crystal Reports?? i m clueless as to how to make a DB/UI rule even to calculate the pending call duration and hence to get the Actual Duration of the call when Resolved..badly stuck at this point..
hope to get a quick and positive reply..

Regards,

Utkarsh
Steven Zimmerma
Occasional Contributor

Utkarsh,

From my understanding of your quesiton, I would suggest that you create a variable to calculate the total amount of pending time for each call that reaches a pending state.

Our company Westbury, has created an out of the box product for Service Desk that utilizes Business Objects reporting. With the objects available in our reporting tool you could easily create a query that only pulls calls that have reached a pending state.

Based on your requirments to stop the clock when the call status reaches a pending state, I would use objects on the history lines. In our reporting tool there is functionality that allows you to calculate the time difference within the history lines between different statuses and status states (i.e. pending state).

Hope that helps.

Steve
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event