'Pausing' time on SD

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
amykoh
Outstanding Contributor.

'Pausing' time on SD

Hi all,

I was wondering if SD can 'pause' time if the ticket is not being worked on?

Using the support hours, SD is able calculate working hours based on 5 working days, correct?..It excludes Sat and Sun time frame.

However, I was wondering if this scenario can be configured in SD:

When a ticket is open and SLA selected, the time dateline of the ticket is kicked-off.

If the ticket is opened at 1130am, then the engineer is onsite round 12noon, but its actually the lunch time of the client.

Can SD be configured to 'pause' the SLA calculation from 12noon to 1pm and resume from 2pm?

The main purpose for this is to capture the exact amount of time spent of the ticket for reporting purposes.

If it can't be configured, perhaps in the reporting side, is possible??

Any faced this scenario before?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
Amy
5 REPLIES
Vasily Aksenov
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: 'Pausing' time on SD

it seems that it is impossible.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi Amy,

have a look at this thread and the solution provided which in its self is excellent. it may no tbe 100% what your after but may open the door to a possible solution.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=985430
amykoh
Outstanding Contributor.

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the link.

Do go with me on this..:)
The link's solution was to calculate the total pending time and 'add' it to the actual deadline. Therefore extending the dateline.

So in order to calculate the actual amt time spent 'working' on the case would be to:

(T)Total duration of ticket =(D) Deadline + (P)Pending duration.

(W)Actual amt of 'working' time = (Deadline - (2 X Pending duration))

|----------------| (D)
|-----| (P)

|----------------|-----| (T) = (D + P)

|----------| (W) = (D - (2 x (P))

Hope this makes sense...Or am I wrong?

THanks
Amy
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Amy,

looking at it again the logic does seem to be along the lines however maybe test out the logic with some numbers to be sure. If it works please post up the details as I am sure others would like something similar. One question I see at the moment is how to record the pending times e.g if pending has been use say 5 times?

In the meantime any points for helping out?
amykoh
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Even though it sounds logically right, however, I am unable to show this any calculated fields or duration fields in my Views, therefor unable to export them to Excel.

My reason for exporting these fields covers some aspect of reporting where if SD cannot minus of the differencr, Excel can take over.

Another restriction is these calculated fields and duration fields cannot be "shadowed". Unless someone has been successful in this, do share.

If its possible to shadow then it can be one of the columns in View, thus moving to my requirement direction.

Anyone?.

Thanks.
Amy