Patch2 for SD5

Highlighted
HPOPV+
Honored Contributor.

Patch2 for SD5

Hi all,

Can anyone answer the following question:

1- Can the Patch2 for the SD5 be installed as standalone installation
2- Why when I use “force update” at the last step of the installation of the patch the installation is corrupted
3- Where can I be sure that the installation the patch2 for SD5 is installed correctly and where to see in the GUI that the patch2 is installed
4- Did anyone tried and tested the predefined role after the installation of the patche

Thanks
4 REPLIES
GiuBal
Honored Contributor.

Re: Patch2 for SD5

Hi,

about your question:

1. the same level of patching is requested for all component, for example environment with two application server needs both server patched. Clients needs to be updated too otherwise you cannot login to upgraded server.
2. I've upgraded my servers using force update option without problem, you have to check installation log to see what happens.
3. You are sure checking log installation and message at the end of installation process, to verify version go to Help menu, then About, at this point choose "General" Tab Patch 2 version for server is :
195 OvObs_01.00.564-200608101416:195-PROD

for client is:

4. All my Roles aren't changed and application works well.

Hope to be helpfully.

GiuBal
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

about your question:

1. the same level of patching is request for all component, for example environment with two application server needs both server patched. Clients needs to be updated too otherwise you cannot login to upgraded server.
2. I've upgraded my servers using force update option without problem, you have to check installation log to see what happens.
3. You are sure checking log installation and looking for message at the end of installation process, to verify version open client go to Help menu, then About, at this point choose "General" Tab. Patch 2 version for server is :

for client is:

Hope to be helpfully.
GiuBal
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

about your question:

1. the same level of patching is request for all components, for example environment with two application server needs both server patched. Clients needs to be updated too otherwise you cannot login to upgraded server.
3. You are sure checking log installation and looking for message at the end of installation process, to verify version open client go to Help menu, then About, at this point choose "General" Tab. Patch 2 version for server is :

for client is:

Hope to be helpfully.
HPOPV+
Honored Contributor.

Thanks for the reply concerning the first and the third points

for the second point, is there an installation guide concerning the patch2 or what are the step that should be done before installing the patch and when to use force update and when not to use it

for the 3rd i have the patch2 installed but how did u know what is the patch 2 version..

for the 4 th point concerning the roles,
1- Some object are not seen in the workspace
2- nothing is seen when using the predefined roles

Regards;