Passwords Settings: Warning in Advance

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Passwords Settings: Warning in Advance

Hellow, Friends!

I have a question for you. I restricted password validity for: 90 days and warning in advance: 3 days. Though, the warning message didin appear for my users informing about expiration. Why didnt Service Desk show this message for three days? This option was configured on 04/31/2006. Is it possible tha the configuration be linked with SLA? Please, cjeck my screenshot.

My Service Desk version is 4,5. No patches installed.

Regards,

Marcela.
9 REPLIES
Gyula Matics_1
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Passwords Settings: Warning in Advance

The warning is not shown for users with System Administrator rights. This is a known problem.
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Gyula Matics,

My users havent System Administrator rights. Can the warning message appear for the accounts that not have System Administrator rights? How can I configure this on the Service Desk?

All the my users dont have System Administrator rights. The roles are differents.

Regards,

Marcela.
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Marcela,

Are you sure that no message appeared? In my experience, IT people are the worse when it comes to maintaining their passwords - they are too embarrassed to admit when they have not followed the rules.

Anyway, 3 days is very short notice time. If someone is ill or is absent for a week, they will not have a chance to change the password before it expires.

-Josh
Gyula Matics_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Your configuration looks correct. No links to SLAs are required, those settings are global.

Are those users are normal GUI users, or SP users? You can configure these settings separately for the different account types.

For GUI users the popup message appears only at logon, so if the users leave the client running for a long time, they may not see the message.

For SP users, there is no popup, just a message in the upper right corner.
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello, girls!

Sorry for delay, but I was allocated for the urgents tasks. I appreciate your attention:

Josiah,

1. Yes, Im sure that message didnt appear.
2. I modified Warning Message field to 10 days.

Gyula,

I have GUI users and SP users but the message doesnt appear for both.

For GUI users: these users tried to effect log on: the following message appears " Your password is expired", only this. The GUI user called for System Administrator for change the password, because Service Desk doesnt suplly a box with "name user field", "Old password field" and "new password field" for that the proper user can change.

Do you know any way of the effect a test to verify if this option works now?

Regards,

Marcela.

Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Any answers?

Regards,

Marcela.
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Hey, Girls!

I need your help.

Regards,

Marcela.
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Any other answers?

Regards,

Marcela.
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Girls, hi!

I made a test and the Warning in Advance Message appeared for GUI users after three months. The Gui users can changed paswword expired. So, I woul like say: thank you for your help.

Regards,

Marcela.