Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Settings - Service Pages (System Panel)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Marcela Miguel

Password Settings - Service Pages (System Panel)

Hellow, fellows!

I have a question for you:

When SP Account(Service Pages) is expired, the system informs this expiration for the users. Though, the system doesnt available a display where the user can change your password. Is it possible configure this option on the Service Pages OR is it possible only at others SPs? If yes, what are the SPs?

OBSERVAÃ Ã O: My Service Desk version is 4,5. No patches installed. Please, check my screenshot.

Regards,

Marcela.

10 REPLIES
Marcela Miguel

Re: Password Settings - Service Pages (System Panel)

Any answer?

Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Marcela,

good news which applies to the default install of openview (for once).

There is a password reset option available in Service pages only it isnt worded very well. I don't have a default install of service pages atthe moment as we modified the wording to make it easier for the end user.

Let me see if I can get the default files. I think from memory the options are to log on to service pages or to set up a new account.

If the user has an account already and chooses the option to create a new account the system will recognise that they already have an account and by selecting "yes" or what ever option is there the system will resend the password to the user. If they dont have an account set up the system will cteate one.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Marcela,

the one thing that I am not sure of in this case is if an expired password will be resent or a new password generated when the e-mail is sent with password details

Marcela Miguel

Mark, Hi!

Im sorry for delay but I was allocated in urgents tasks. So...

Is it possible configure this password reset option without to install of service pages again?

Can you suplly me step by step for this change?

I dont understand very well what you saying. Could you be a little more clear?

Regards,

Marcela.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Marcela,

No you don't need to reinstall Service Pages. We made some changes to the wording of the log on options that is presented to the users. I don't have access to a default service pages at the moment but there are basically 2 options users have when logging onto Service Pages

1) Log in with your ID and Password
2) Request a new account to be set up

If a user who has an existing ID and password chooses option two to create a new account and enters in their E-mail address and last name (or whatever criteria you use) the system will recognise that they already have an acocunt set up and will resend then their details. So this si good if users forget their Ids of password as they will be sent a mail with those details.

The thing I am unsure of is what happens in the scenario above if the password has expired. Hopefully the users receive motification prior to the password being expired and they can resolve the issue before its too late.

Is this any clearer?
Marcela Miguel

Dear Mark,

I think there was a misunderstood here. Let me try to explain my issue.

When the system shows to the user the message "Your password is expired", this user is not able to do anything anymore, so that, this user can't reset his password.
So, the user calls me asking to reset it.
I need to avoid these phone calls. I would like that the user could reset his password after it has been expired.

Regards,

Marcela.
Marcela Miguel

Mark, hey!

Any answer?

Regards,

Marcela.
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Marcela,

I think Mark was trying to say that there is an option when a user press the login link, which says "No, I do not have an account" and you can use this to get an email with your password. I do not know if this works when the password has expired - perhaps you could experiment. If it does not work, then I think you will have to take off the expiry on SP accounts.

Hope this helps

Ruth

http://www.teamultra.net
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Marcela Miguel

Mark & Ruth, hey!

The link is expired. Can you send me again?

Regards,

Marcela.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event