cancel

Page During Business Hours

Highlighted
jasonh_1
Respected Contributor.

Page During Business Hours

Hi All,

I am trying to set up paging so that it works as follows:
During Business hours as soon as a incident is received a page is sent. If incidents are received after business hours I do not want a page sent BUT at the start of business hours the next day i would like a page to say that "incidents occured last night".

Is this possible and if yes, how? I am just starting to get my head around SD.

Thanks in advance

Jason
3 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Page During Business Hours

Jason,

To be honest, I think the simplest way to handle this is to have your people turn off the paging device outside of business hours. When they turn them on at the start of the next business day, the message will appear.

The next way to handle it is to put the logic in the software that does the paging. I think products like TelAlert should be able to handle this.

I think it is possible to set up the logic in OVSD, but exception handling might become complicated - things like holidays and so forth. It also depends on whether "business hours" always means the same thing for everyone at all times - which is often not the case. In any case, you will need to define your service levels and your service hours to meet your requirements, and then use business rules to trigger your paging based on those criteria.

-Josh.
jasonh_1
Respected Contributor.

Thanks Josh,

I was able to get it setup using SLA's and defining the business hours and creating the business rules around that.

Jason
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Jason,
that sounds a pretty clever solution. WOuld you have the time to post a quick summary of how you did this please? Thanks......Ken.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au