Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

POST error message question

Highlighted
kbligh
Trusted Contributor.

POST error message question

Trying to do a POST from incident to probsummary and get error message ( Format "" not found(format.csub,calc.subroutines.2) Can some help explain the error msg? Thanks
19 REPLIES
Jos van Harn
Super Contributor.

Re: POST error message question

Assuming you are posting from FC Subroutines, you are probably missing a parameter in the post action. Check all the inputs for post.fc.
kbligh
Trusted Contributor.

trying to use post to copy a field into probsummay table, see attached. Thanks
Jos van Harn
Super Contributor.

Try making sure they are parsed correctly, so change the inputs to:
str("testing")
str("needed.by.date")
kbligh
Trusted Contributor.

question, unless i am reading something wrong from help, the example was showing name as being used for the link called "testing" and
prompt was the source field name in the incident table. Is this correct or am I reading this wrong? Thanks
Jos van Harn
Super Contributor.

The "name" input is for the link name, and "prompt" or the field (the link line) within that link.
kbligh
Trusted Contributor.

Still getting the same error msg. Any other thoughts? Thanks
Jos van Harn
Super Contributor.

Could you post a screen print of the update FC? And have you logged off and on again after the changes?
kbligh
Trusted Contributor.

Here is the screen shot, Yes i didd logout and back in
Jos van Harn
Super Contributor.

Could you make sure the call is clean? Currently, both the application name and comment are defined as arrays. This is incorrect.

Additionally, could you (after changing this) post the complete error message again? (And a debug trace if you have one.)
kbligh
Trusted Contributor.

aoolication name = post.fc
Comments = POST

everytime I change this and save, it switches it to

{"post.fc"}
{"POST"}

Jos van Harn
Super Contributor.

It looks like something happened to your FC record. If you are savvy with the debugger, you could try and correct this. Otherwise, you might need to backup the current record and at least clean out the subroutines page with lots of saving to see if that fixes it. Otherwise you'll have to rebuild the record from scratch I'm afraid.
kbligh
Trusted Contributor.

Ok, i was able to remove the post.fc and POST logout, then back in an readd and it does not add the {""} anymore, now it get an Unrecoverable error in application: post.fc.on panel init.target. If there is another approach other than going this route i would try that. thanks
Jos van Harn
Super Contributor.

This is progress. The error message you get has to do with the link line and how it is set up, not the calling of post.fc.

Could you post then entire error message? And maybe a screen print of the link line?
kbligh
Trusted Contributor.

See Attachment, Thanks
Jos van Harn
Super Contributor.

If you use "probsummary" as the file name, and not the format name, things will do better.

So in your link line, put probsummary in the File field, and remove it from the Format field.
kbligh
Trusted Contributor.

Different error msg, i guess this is progress, thanks. See attachment.
Jos van Harn
Super Contributor.

The link record is incomplete, as you are not defining selection criteria. You will need to add the query so the application knows which incident you are trying to update.
kbligh
Trusted Contributor.

Still a little confused. I assumed that since you are clicking on save in the SD that it knows from the link record What the IM number is, sort of like screlate.incidents.problems. I am pretty new to this so i am not sure how to write the query. I tried to look at other posts. Thanks
Jos van Harn
Super Contributor.

You can use "queries" in FC to select an incident ID from screlation, and use that ID (by pushing it into a thread variable, i.e. no $L. or $G.) to do the query.