Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Outbound email stuck in loop in Service Desk

Highlighted
Chandrkanat
New Member.

Outbound email stuck in loop in Service Desk

The outbound Error email from service desk stuck in loop and user getting the error email notificaion almost at every 5 minutes or so.
Error mail:
The E-mail you sent has not resulted in the registration or update of a Service Call.
-
The following error(s) occurred:
---------------------------------------------------
Error when put file D:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\tmp\244-SAP Workflow that should go toRichard Gilmore currently that are appearing in my SAP inbox.doc!#! to attachment server: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\tmp\244-SAP Workflow that should go toRichard Gilmore currently that are appearing in my SAP inbox.doc!#! (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
---------------------------------------------------
If you have any questions pertaining to this message, you can contact the helpdesk during normal support hours.
-
This message has been generated automatically.
Please do not reply to this message.

Please let me know where is the problem in Lotus Notes or Service Desk ? and what need to be done ?
1 REPLY
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Outbound email stuck in loop in Service Desk

The loop is most likely caused by the address you have set for Service Desk to record errors with incoming e-mail messages. Change that and you will have fixed the loop.

The error that triggers the loop looks very similar to the problem with E-mail with Attachments coming from Outlook/Exchange 2007 well discussed in this forums.

Hope this helps.
Points are welcome.

The Pike