Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Outbound email address

Highlighted
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

Outbound email address

We have a single system supporting several countries (each in own Folder), more countries coming on board all of the time.

The UK Administrator is getting fed-up with the number of "bounced emails" returning to the one "from" mailbox, she would like to share the load with foreign colleagues!

Has anyone thought of a solution to the limitation of all sent mails originating from one address?
6 REPLIES
Sandeshp_1
Honored Contributor.

Re: Outbound email address

Hi Mike,

You want to say that, All the send mail auto generating from service desk will be send through common email ID ??
Michael Gregor
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Mike.

I contacted HP about this problem, that it was not possible to have alternate "From:" addresses in HPOV SD. Although the field "From:" was available to use in rules, the alternate e-mail address was not assigned. HP "solved" this in SP24 in their usual manner, by making the "From:" field unavailable in rules.

So, no solution I'm afraid.

Michael
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.

Just thinking outside the square, isn't it possible to use an email address that is shared in Outlook. So all the admins will access this single shared email address and only look at their own region's email.
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Make.
Look at attached document, are you accept this solution? If yes, I can add and lib files too.

Vasily
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

Vasily, I like this but customer would not accept "non-HP" code! And really we need a solution for the auto-reply mails when calls are created / updated. Thanks, have some points.
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Mike.
From HP you never got solution by 4.5.

Vasily