SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Option Customize To Create A New ToolBar

Hellow, Friends!!!!

How you doing? I hope that fine! I have a situation for you:

My user is trying to create a new toolbar on the Service Desk. This toolbar was created without errors messages and its works usually in the first moment. Thought, when this same user effects login again, the toolbar doesnt appear available to view. I did make any tests:

1. WITH USER ACCOUNT: I pressed Purge Cache Now button and I effected login again.The toolbar desapeared. NO SUCESS!

2. WITH ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT: I created the same toolbar, with system administration account, when I effect login, the same event happens. NO SUCCESS!

3. OTHER WORKSTATION: Finally, I exchanged the workstation and did proceed the same way that item two. Toolbar doesnt appear again! NO SUCESS!

Remember: My Service Desk Version is 4,5. No Patches installed.

Regards,

Marcela.
6 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Option Customize To Create A New ToolBar

Hi Marcela,

I am not sure where any toolbar customizations are kept but I suspect it is somewhere in the windows profile for the user (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk).

My recommendation would be to try and persuade your user not to bother but use the menus instead.

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi, Ruth!

Its good to read your message.

I verified the e.g. that you did suggest, but I didnt find anything file about a new toolbar after criation.

The new toolbar disappeared simply. Can we say this problem is a bug?

Thanks for the recommendation, but, first: I would like to explain the error motive for my user.

Regards,

Marcela.

George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hello Marcela,

Go to %PRODUCTDATADIR% (usually found at
C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk\) and delete SConsole.ATB. Rerun the application and add new toolbars. Exit the application and once restarted you will see that the changes where kept.
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Just a minor correction: The file name is Console.atb and not SConsole.atb
menes fhtagn
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

George, hi!

I did make this little correction and the new toolbar appears after re-login to my user.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Marcela.
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Ruth and George!

Thank you for your support and attention.

Regards,

Marcela.