Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openview SD and Pending of a call

Highlighted
Gavin_30
Collector

Openview SD and Pending of a call

Hi,

This is a feeler as to how customers out there are dealing with Openview and Call pending.

I think that the MTTR of a call is one of the most basic calaculation that a SD system should have. I find it hard to believe that this is not standard with Openview SD. I have tried numerous work arounds without success. One of my big problems is that of How long a call is in pending state using support hours and then subtracting it from the actual duration. Any suggestions as to how others have implimented this will be of great use to all.

Regards,
Gavin
6 REPLIES
frank aan de st
Occasional Contributor

Re: Openview SD and Pending of a call

Hi Gavin,

many of our customers are having a reporting issue with this as well. It is already possible to set the 'state' of a status to 'not accountable' which would eliminate the waiting time from the actual duration.

With our reporting solution we've created functionality to retrieve that information from the OVSD database automatically, and display detailed reports.

Please let me know if you want to know more.

Cheers,

Frank
Gavin_30
Collector

Hi Frank,

It is intersting to hear you say that the Not Accountable time is not taken into account. I don't experience that at all.

I would definately like to know more about how you got this working.

Gavin
frank aan de st
Occasional Contributor

Hi Gavin,

we've built that capability in our reporting functionality, I will send you some details by e-mail...assuming that you are Gavin W.......

Frank
Andrey Pak
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi, frank aan de stegge
could you send me some details about your implementation of reporting system states and statuses in ovsd 4.5, please?
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Gavin,

This is not meant to be pedantic, but you may wish to distinguish between MTTR and the target date/time as specified in an SLA, which are not the same thing. The ITIL definition of MTTR is the mean time between the diagnosis of a fault and its repair. There is normally no unaccountable time between those two events. The ability to measure MTTR depends on the change of status of the incident, assuming your process actually does change status when diagnosis is completed, and when repair (but not restore) is completed.

Unaccountable time - typically time spent waiting for the user - typically occurs during the diagnosis activity, and after the repair. If you agree that this time should not count during the calculation of whether you met the service level requirements or not (are this is a common, but not necessarily best practice), then it is hardly useful to measure it. If you really think it is important, then use the reporting solution described above.

-Josh
frank aan de st
Occasional Contributor

Dear Mr.Pak, you can send me a message on frank.aandestegge@westbury-it.com and then I can send you the requested infos.

Frank
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event