Did you mean: 

Openview Integration With SD 4.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Gary Stevens_2
Super Collector

Openview Integration With SD 4.5

SD 4.5 installed on Windows 2000 requires a WBEM ODBC driver for connecting with Openview. Has anyone connected Openview and Service Desk installed on Windows 2003. If so can you please provide me the details on what I need to use in place of the WBEM ODBC driver and details on the steps for doing this.
6 REPLIES
Misaq
Honored Contributor

Re: Openview Integration With SD 4.5

Are you talking about OVOW on windows 2003 ?
There is an integration document for the integration included with the media I believe depending on version.
Gary Stevens_2
Super Collector

Yes. I have the documentation on OVOW but my real question is related to the use of the WBEM ODBC. With Windows 2003 do I still need to use this and if so is there a download link to the version that works with Windows 2003?
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

There is a new version of the integration that does not require the WBEM ODBC driver. (since microsoft no longer supports that driver and it is not available for windows 2003)

This new version is included in SP12 and newer. See \doc\itsm006849\readme.doc in the patch.
Gary Stevens_2
Super Collector

Thanks for this information this is the answer I was looking for.
Gary Stevens_2
Super Collector

One quick question for clarification. Do you mean SP12 for SD 4.5 or for Openview?
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

SP12 for SD4.5
But if i recall correctly, that version had some problems, so if you can, you should go with SP15 or SP17.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event