Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a subcontract call

Highlighted
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Opening a subcontract call

I'm running SD4.5 with SP17.

We use subcontract calls and when you open a sub-contract call from the original service call, it opens as 'Read Only'.

Is there a way to open the sub-contract call from the original call and have write access?

This is to allow the call to be updated with more information etc.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES
Rajesh Nair
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Opening a subcontract call

Hi Peter,

Are you able to view the sub-contract call in WRITE ACCESS when you login using system administrator account ?

Regards

Rajesh
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Peter,

As a rule of thumb, if the view is greyed then by open the item listed in that view, you have RO access.

Same is for User of CIs in "Persons", Calls/Incidents/Problems/Changes/ on "Configuration Items" etc.

menes fhtagn
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I can get at the call and write to it with the Admin account.

I tried creating a Smart Action to open the call using sd_dataform, (I use this method form other forms).

The smart action uses the subcontract call from service call;ID as the identifier to attemp to open the call.

This however doesn't work either as it returns a Javalangnullpointer exception error!

Anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks.
Rajesh Nair
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Peter,

I am using SP14. I use the system admin account as well as a named user account. I did not face the problem which you are facing. I have not made any configurations for getting a WRITE ACESS for sub-contract calls.

Regards

Rajesh
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event