Did you mean: 

OpenView Service Desk 4.5 Catastrophic Failure

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
JEDS
Acclaimed Contributor

OpenView Service Desk 4.5 Catastrophic Failure

I have installed Service Desk 4.5, along with the MS virtual machine. When attemtping to launch the application, I get the following error message.
"Unable to start the application -- the class files could not be loaded. Catastrophic failure"

I am also attempting to launch this with an administrator level ID, so permissions should not be an issue.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
7 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: OpenView Service Desk 4.5 Catastrophic Failure

JEDS
Acclaimed Contributor

The suggestions worked perfectly.

Thanks!
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

I see you are new to the forums. Generally points are awarded for helpfull answers.

Glad to have helped :)
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

It really does my head in when you take the time to help somebody out of trouble and they can't even be a£$3d to award any points.

Maybe there should be a blacklist of those names who don't award points. Ok, anybody can forget, once, even twice, we are all very busy....but three times and you're out!
Rajesh Nair
Esteemed Contributor

Hi JEDS, Hope this helps you to assign points to everyone(including me..!!!)

How Do I Assign Points?
Only the question author can assign points to a given response. If you submit a question or new topic and another member replies to it, you will see a dropdown menu of points next to the reply (you must be logged in to see the menu). Select the point value and then click the "submit points" button. Note that you can rate multiple replies and submit them at one time.

Regards

Rajesh
JEDS
Acclaimed Contributor

Thanks for letting me know about the points deal.
Would have done it at the time I replied, but did not notice it.
Also being new to this forum, all I was attempting to do was find a solution to a problem that was impacting the organization that I support. Guess no one else has never been under the gun before to find a solution to an issue and gone to a new site.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

it's not a problem. Your part of the family now. Welcome.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event