Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open a Service Call via NEW e-mail with a predefined value on HP Service Desk 4.5

Highlighted
Marizeth Beato
Occasional Advisor

Open a Service Call via NEW e-mail with a predefined value on HP Service Desk 4.5

Hi,

Is it possible to assign a predefined value to a Service Call when opening it via e-mail with NEW command?

What I mean is: if I wanted a Service Call to have a Classification named "Prepaid" (already set on the list of values on Classification/SD), is it possible to get it from the NEW email with Classification= Prepaid ? I know this is possible with UPDATE <id> command, but coming and going e-mails will consume a lot of resources and time, since integrated application is used to open a lot of tickets.

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Marizeth Beato

2 REPLIES
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Re: Open a Service Call via NEW e-mail with a predefined value on HP Service Desk 4.5

Hello Marizeth,

Since SP20 it is possible to do this if you enable the "Extend New command with Update" feature in Inbound E-mail settings.

The other way could be to add a DB Rule to fill this in for you if the Service Call comes in via E-mail, which normally populates in the field "Medium".

Do not forget to add Kudos to this post if it answers your question.

The Pike

Axel Jaskulski
Regular Collector

Re: Open a Service Call via NEW e-mail with a predefined value on HP Service Desk 4.5

hi,

we're doing this using special email adresses for special 'things' .. - behind the different inbound email adresses you could configure different templates, that set the wanted values.

maybe this helps.

bye.

axel

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event