The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open View Service Desk 4.5 SP17 database structure

Highlighted
malay boy
Super Collector

Open View Service Desk 4.5 SP17 database structure

Hi,
I'm basically looking for database structure for OVSD 4.5 ?. How table being related to each other ?.

I have no idea where to look for it .

Regards
mB
There are three person in my team-Me ,myself and I.
4 REPLIES
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Re: Open View Service Desk 4.5 SP17 database structure

Hi,

I would recommend that you generate a Data Dictionary. This has a complete list of the entries into the database.

In System Administrator Console

Go to System options and generate Data Dictionary.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Nirad
Regular Collector

Hi,

Following are the steps to generate data dictionary.

To Generate a Data Dictionary

1. In Service Desk, choose System from the Tools menu.
2. In the Administrator Console, double-click the System Panel icon.
3. Double-click the Report Settings icon.
4. In the Report Settings dialog box, click the Generate Data Dictionary button. You can choose to publish (in HTML format) or print the Data Dictionary.
5. To create a report in HTML format using your reporting tool, select Publish from the toolbar;
or
Print your report using your reporting tool by selecting Print from the toolbar to print the Data Dictionary.

Cheers,
Nirad
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello,

All the necessary information lies in the tables "ifc_tables" and "ifc_columns". How these are mapped to service desk entities is on table "ifc_entities".

I don't recommend to use "Generate Data Dictionary" because it is very complex.
menes fhtagn
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

There are also data dictionary available on the SD CD but it may not include all the changes in SP17 but will give you a general grounding.
If you want this info for reporting, you will be better off generating the reporting views so that you can use the views for reporting instead of using the actual tables which some are hard to figure out.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event