Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Only small characters in Outlook Smart Action

Highlighted
Gink
Respected Contributor.

Only small characters in Outlook Smart Action

Hi All,

Till now, I use a IExplorer HTTP (mailto:) SmartAction "Email2caller" for sending a mail to the caller, this works fine, but I want to do this via Outlook instead of HTTP.

I add a new application (Outlook), and made a new SmartAction, which starts Outlook and fill some fields in the Outlook screen, sofar so good, but all characters in the mail message are displayed in small characters, while there are some capitals in my SmartAction, for example, in the SmartAction there is a line %body=Dear [Caller;Fullname;Firstname]" but is displayed in Outlook for example as "dear ronald"

Is there anybody who can tell me how to display capital characters ?

Thanks in advance
Rgds
Ronald
4 REPLIES
Gink
Respected Contributor.

Re: Only small characters in Outlook Smart Action

Additional info : I'm working on SP11 & Outlook 2003.
Gink
Respected Contributor.

Additional info : I'm working on SD4.5 SP11 & Outlook 2003.
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Gink,

Dont know whether it will work or not but have u checked the auto-checking option under spelling tab of outlook options? It has the options what you are looking for. It should solve your problem.

Regards,
Akies
Gink
Respected Contributor.

Hi Akies

I checked these options and all seems to be ok. The strange thing is that if I use another smart action which starts a mail via IExplorer as application and parameter :

mailto:[Caller;E-mail]?
subject=Re your message to ServiceDesk

the capitals are displayed as they should be displayed. If I use Outlook as application and use the same parameters all the text is displayed in small characters.