Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

One end user having problems with attachments

Highlighted
Rory Emmans
Outstanding Contributor.

One end user having problems with attachments

I am running Service Desk 4.5 SP18 and have one user that recieves a error when trying to open or attach a attachment to a Service Call. We have re-installed Service Desk client and java and also removed the "Service Desk" folder under documents and settings with no like. The error is "Error when put file C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Desktop\Kr450_admin_DocumentList_06.08.2006_10.27.01_AM.xls to attachments server: java.io.InteruptedIOException:Accept timed out"
7 REPLIES
Jacek Pliszka_2
Respected Contributor.

Re: One end user having problems with attachments

Ensure he/she can FTP to the attachments server.

Del Ruesch
Respected Contributor.

We had a similar problem with attachments in SP18, although the error message may not have been the same. In our case the user had the Windows XP firewall running. When they disabled the XP firewall, the error went away.
Rory Emmans
Outstanding Contributor.

All users have the Firewall turned on (Company image) but only one user has an issue
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Rory,

I experienced something similar with a small number of clients. What we found was this happened when they tried to attacht
files over a certain size - generaly bitmaps of user screenshots which were over a few MB's.

Workaround was to ask users for JPEGS instaed with attached with no problem.

Still investigaing why this happens.
Does this happen to you for certain sze files?
Newbie SD Admin
Regular Contributor.

Assuming your FTP settings are correct.

I have seen the same problem with SD 5. But I think it has to do with your issue. Try knocking down the number of characters in your file name.

I put a support request into HP on this issue, in my case they said windows XP issue not HP. However, SD 5.0 can't handle the "(" ")" characters in attachments.
Colleen Talbert
Super Contributor.

Rory,

Was there ever any resolution to this? I have one user in India who is getting this exact error. We just upgraded to SP17 over the weekend.

I don't think it's a firewall or file naming issue, so if this is resolved for you, can you please pass on the solution.

Thanks,
Colleen
Rory Emmans
Outstanding Contributor.

This problem was actually a security problem on the users machine. The OS was re-installed and the problem cleared