Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVSD5.0 -Missing CIs within the Service Hierarchy tab of a Service

Highlighted
Bob Jendrzejek
Occasional Advisor

OVSD5.0 -Missing CIs within the Service Hierarchy tab of a Service

I am working with the SLM module of OVSD 5.0 and have run into an odd situation. I have created my Service Definition complete with related CI Definitions and Metric Definitions. However, when I go to create a service and then replace the definitions with the related CIs within the 'Service Hierarchy', the Icons representing the CI Definition completely goes away. The CI is still listed under the 'Used CI' tab, however it does not appear on the 'Service Hierarchy' tab. I've also noticed that the CI is not listed under the 'Availability SLO' tab. When I go back and look at the Service Defintion, I can still see the CI Definitions related as they should be. The CIs have been related to the appropriate CI Definition as well as to the correct category specified within that CI Definition. When looking at the included examples, I've noticed that the 'Service Hierarchy' for the demo services (such as ZI-Lab Email Service) show a graphical display of the relationships between the service and the CIs. Rather than continuing to spin my wheels I was hoping that someone could clue me into what I have missed.

Thank you for your assistance.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event