Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

OVSD4.5 disabled field in Service call after a field is not empty

FenchurchLow
Outstanding Contributor.

OVSD4.5 disabled field in Service call after a field is not empty

Hi all experts,

I need to configure a rule to disable Actual finish field in Service call when the status changed to Closed and Actual finish will be filled automatically after Status changed and saved.

I couldn't find this action in DB rule.

Hope you can share with me.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES
Rytis Damalakas
Super Contributor.

Re: OVSD4.5 disabled field in Service call after a field is not empty

Hi,
If i remember correctly you can do that by using roles. Create two roles, one for accessing sc from status "created" to "solving" (roles/service calls/details button in the bottom), and another - for "closed". Set all fields writable in first role, and set "actual finish" to read.

Rytis
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: OVSD4.5 disabled field in Service call after a field is not empty

Hi,

3 options.

1) Make the field read only for all the roles. That way no-one can set the field. they can just see the value whenthe rule rule fires. Then have a UI fire for when status=closed set actual finish to current time/date.

2) Another option is to look at moving the call into a folder where the user only has access to the view the field. This I think is a little more extreme and may cause more admin due to maintenance of additional folders. Option 1 should do.

3) Set a UI rule to fire on saving the call that will give an error pop up if actual finish is populated and then the rule will clear the field. This is ok but it is better not to have a field editable by the user so that they dont need a pop up inthe first place.