OVSD - create SD ticket error -"You are not allowed to insert this incident"

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
onlyvenkatesh
Contributor.

OVSD - create SD ticket error -"You are not allowed to insert this incident"

HI,
I am venkatesh, working in HP GDIC Bangalore.
I am writing the code to create the SD ticket through JAVA API but am getting the errror as
-"You are not allowed to insert this incident".
I am getting error at below line of code

tmpIncident = tmpIncidentHome.openNewIncident( templateID );

I am attaching the source code also, Any help in this matter really appreciated.also if you have any sample code of creating SD tickets through JAVA api will be helpful for me.

Regards
Venkatesh
5 REPLIES
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: OVSD - create SD ticket error -"You are not allowed to insert this incident"

Sample codes are available in the installation media, Example3.java and Example4.java show how to create a new Problem and how to open an existing Incident respectively.

The error you are facing is probably related to the set of permissions you have on the account you are using to create the ticket.

To get the media and to find out about the permissions on the account, you might want to contact the SD administrator of the system you are developing this code for.

Do not forget to assign points for the answer.
Here's how:
http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

The Pike
Venkatesha_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: OVSD - create SD ticket error -"You are not allowed to insert this incident"

Hi,

I think the user 'bi1060' you are connecting to SD using API is not having the permission for the template. Assign the specific roles/templates and try out.

HTH
Venky
onlyvenkatesh
Contributor.

Thanks for your suggestion, I will try to take help from OVSD Admin for assigning roles to my account.

I dont have installation media, can you please share the example java codes for creation of SD tickets.

My email ID is venkatesh.m@hp.com
Regards
Venkatesh
onlyvenkatesh
Contributor.

Can you please tell me which types of roles required to create the ticket for my account in OVSD

Regards
Venkatesh
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

That question really has to go to your SD admin. S/he is the person who knows what roles there are, their names, and their capabilities.

Also, assigning some points to our posts for the guidance would be nice...

The Pike