Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVSD Test Server and Licenses

Highlighted
James Mohr

OVSD Test Server and Licenses

Hi All!

Does anyone know off the top of their head about any official policy about creating a OVSD test server and how we can license it. We have named users, so I cannot imagine that it would be a problem, but I was wondering if anyone had experiences with this.

Regards,

jimmo
www.linux-tutorial.info
4 REPLIES
Mihai Tita
Occasional Visitor

Re: OVSD Test Server and Licenses

Hi,

HP doesn't use different licensing ways for certain environments, such as development, test,
production, standby, etc.
As many HP products, Service Desk have been made available for trial evaluation. This product uses a license key which allows the product to run for 60 days.

Regards,
Mihai
James Mohr

In a production environment there is a big differece between a test system and an evaluation system. As I mentioned we already have licenses, so there really no need to evaluate anything, except perhaps setting up the newest version in a closed environment. However, in this case, we need to set up a test environment in order to test things prior to putting them on the live server. Hence the name.
www.linux-tutorial.info
Eric Ung
Frequent Visitor

James, we had a similar requirement for a Test/Dev enviroment and HP response was to convert and split some Production Licenses, namely the HP OV SD HelpDesk Management, HP OV SD Change Management and HP OV SD Concurrent User.
Mihai Tita
Occasional Visitor

Hi James,

I understand the big difference between a test system and an evaluation system, but although we would like something else, sometimes the reality is different.
As Eric says there are some situations when HP approves a test server existence but only by conversion and splitting some existing licenses.

Regards,
Mihai
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event