OVSD Single Sign-on

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mohammed Albust
Collector

OVSD Single Sign-on

Hello all,

Is it possible to have single sign on through Active Directory authentications? the same user name and password shall be used to gain access to SD. Is this available on the HelpDesk module or do I need to purchase additional modules for that purpose?
5 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: OVSD Single Sign-on

Hi
AD auth supporting only by ver. 5.x.
For 4.5 that possible, one of solution if your company have MIIS server.

Vasily

Hello,

in order to SSO to Service Pages, you can implement JCIFS.
Have a look to:
http://jcifs.samba.org/

SD client doesn't support SSO, however you can switch off login screen at the client startup. In such case, the client will be launched under the credentials specified in the SD client profile. The SD client profile is specific to the operating system user profile, giving somewhat user credentials security.

Cheers,

Ondra
Mohammed Albust
Collector

I'm using SD 4.5. I need SSO for regular users not for helpdesk members. users in my enviroment do not have cleints installed on their systems. my first question is do I need to create service pages accounts for each user to log their incidents and track the status or is there different solution? If yes then how can I do so through jCIF.
Solution

Mohammed,
all the users need a separate SP account in order to log in.
In principle JCIFS is a "plugin" to Tomcat web server. The client validates from his logon session through JCIFS against a domain controller and if successful, returns logon session value to Tomcat. Here you will need some JSP programmation skills, because you have to bypass the logon screen and continue with injecting the user logon info to SP.
It is not "out of the box" solution and if you cannot make it yourself, contact hp support representative.

I hope this helps,

Ondra
Mohammed Albust
Collector

contact HP
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event