Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVSD Change Calendar

Highlighted
JustJuice
Occasional Advisor

OVSD Change Calendar

OVSD 4.5 has a Change Calendar functionality, to view all the changes for the month as a webpage.
Can someone let me know when this functionality was introduced (ie. since which service pack)?
The Change Calendar was working when our SD installation was at SP17. After updating to SP24 this Change Calendar is fallen apart. So is there an update for the Change Calendar, so that it can work with SP24?
If any other relevant info for the Change calendar to work, please let me know. Thanks!
9 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: OVSD Change Calendar

Hi there,

Can you tell me how you get this change calendar as it is not something I have used?

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
JustJuice
Occasional Advisor

This is part of the service pages.
The folder were it lives is C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\service pages\webapps\fsc
The fsc folder contains all the relevant folders and files.
Change calendar displays all the Changes for the current month. If you need nore info I can send you a screen shot as well.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

there is no out of box change calander on SP. I guess it wes created after an install by someone.

You have to tets any SP modification before a live upgrade as the upgrades state that any modifications that you make may be affected by the upgrade as it cannot take your modifications into condiferation.

Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

This must have been produced by someone on your site and so you need to ensure that the code they wrote is compatible with the SPs.

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
JustJuice
Occasional Advisor

This solution was presented in HP Software Forum - Asia Pacific at Sydney in March 2006.
I have attached a screen print of the solution as well.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,m

that is a modification. Do yoiu have any other details of it. I would be interested in trying it out.

Do you kno wif it is using the web-api to get the data? So SP's have made slight changes to the web-api which could have affected it. It's just a guess.
Eric Bivens
Super Collector

I am interested in the FSC functionality. Is there any information you can send?
Thanks
Eric
hans.kramer
Acclaimed Contributor

In the file web.xml you can read:

This is version 1.0 of an application that displays the "forward schedule of changes" in a calendar format.
It is developed using the Web API of HP OpenView Service Desk 4.5 Service Pack 14.
Author: Les Pall of Hewlett-Packard Australia.
Copyright (c) 2005, Hewlett-Packard Development Company LLC.

Regards, hans
Stuiver
Regular Collector

Hi there,

We've a web based change calendar which could be integrated with reporting on OVSD. However it's also possible to use an outlook version.

Cheers,

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event