The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVSD 5 terminates during the installation of HPOvObsSv

Highlighted
Badrinath H K
Collector

OVSD 5 terminates during the installation of HPOvObsSv

Hi,

The installation of OVSD 5.1 terminates during the installation of the HPOvObsSv Package and pops-up the following error:

"There was a failure with this installation. Component package installation command has returned a non-zero error code. HP OpenView Service Desk Management Server will not be installed. To rollback this installation and remove the installed packages, click Rollback."

The installation is on a DL380 Proliant Server with HP Management Agent and there I have stopped all the services for HP Management Agent to rule out any possible conflicts.

I have also attached the log files for your reference.

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Error on LOGFILE: HPOvObsSv

MSI (s) (84:CC) [12:26:41:461]: Product: HP OpenView Object Server Server Package -- Installation operation failed.

Thanks and Regards,
Badrinath
6 REPLIES
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

Re: OVSD 5 terminates during the installation of HPOvObsSv

Hi Badrinath,

Was this on a new clean box or is this an upgrade ? Is this for SD 5.1 or SD 5.1 with patch 1?
I have similar problem with a sd 5.1 Sp1 upgrade but still not resolved.
Badrinath H K
Collector

Hi Jas,

Its a new installation of OVSD 5.1 on a fresh box. I could successfully install it in the test enviornment but not able to install on the production system (DL380 Server)

I am just waiting for someone to help me resolve the same.

Cheers!!!
Badri
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

Hi Badrinath,

I did my installation via VNC. I suspect that might be the reason for my issue. I am going to try and install it directly.
I guess we will just have to keep trying in different ways to get it working.
Badrinath H K
Collector

Hi,

Any has any idea of the problem ???

Thanks and Regards,
Badri
Badrinath H K
Collector

Hi,

I could not find any solution for the same even after lots of R&D. I tried playing with the registry as during the installation of the Object Server Package the installer was unable to create relevant registry entries. I also tries installing packages individually but again did not help me resolve. Checked if was something to do with Database and Domain but of no use.

I finally reinstalled the OS (vanila) and the installed SQL 2005 and then SD 5.1 and it absolutely worked fine.

Hope this information helps other users in the forum.

Cheers!!
Badri
Leon B_1
Collector

Hello

I am also experienced this problem, but when I uninstalled the Management Server software and then reinstalled the service pack it seemed to be successful.

The problem is that the Object Server will not initalise, and the logs say that the database is of the incorrect verion (although this message used to appear in SD 5.0 as well, so I'm not sure if it's accurate).

Did anyone else get this scenario, and how did you get around it? Also, I have been asking for installation notes, but there doesn't seem to be a formal set of notes... perhaps we should start a definitive set on these forums (it seems like everyone has a different approach).

Regards,
Leon
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event