OVSD 5.1 licensing issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
abhijith.c_1
Super Collector

OVSD 5.1 licensing issue

Hi experts,
I have deployed the cuncurrent users and name user into OVSD5.1 Now i want to confirm myself that license is been deployed successfully,but i am not able to find the path where should i have to go and check this.please give the correct path where i have to check how many licenses i hae in my server.
Awaiting for the experts reviews ASAP.

Regards
Rohan.
7 REPLIES
Err_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: OVSD 5.1 licensing issue

Hi Rohan,

OPen the Autopass utility (the same that you used to deplo y the license), there is a menu in the left, there is an option that says "Report License", it will show you how many licenses you have, what type they are and when they expire.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
abhijith.c_1
Super Collector

Hi Err,
Thanks for replaying but i am not able to find that "Report License". I went like C:\ProgramFiles\CommanFiles\Hp\HpOpenViewLic\Data\Lic.txt. (I dint found any thing like Report License) & i gave a search in the server there also i was not able to find the same. Kindly help me out in the same .

Regards
Rohan
Err_1
Honored Contributor

To check the report license, you need to open the AutoPass tool that comes with Service Desk.

If you are on windows, go to Start> Programs> HP Openview> Service Desk Licensing. It will open the AutoPass tool, there you will see the menu with the options to report, install, backup, remove, etc licenses.

Points for assistance are welcome.

Regards
Randall Barrantes
abhijith.c_1
Super Collector

Hi Err,
Thanks a lot for replay,but when i go to start-> program->hpOVSD5.1->Licensing. Here i am not able to see any thing.a flash is coming and i am not able to see any screen required.so what shall i do now.

you will be rewarded for this,dont worry.

Regards
Rohan.
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Each response is eligible for points. Members expect to be awarded for the time and effort spent helping *you*.

In turn, members seeking assistance from other professionals in the community should motivate the experts' participation by fairly assigning points when a response is received and not just when your problem is resolved.

The Pike
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Rohan,

Open a command prompt window and execute this file:
C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\bin\ovsdlic.bat

Now, in order to execute this tool, you need to have defined as the account system as default with default password openview in the Client Settings.

More details here:
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QXCR1000333667

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

Rohan,

What service pack are you at? 5.1's license counting/releasing was hopelessly broken until at least SP3.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event