cancel

OVSD 5.0 & NNM 7.5 on same server ?

Highlighted
David Collier
Honored Contributor.

OVSD 5.0 & NNM 7.5 on same server ?

Hi all, (its been a long time)

I'm installing SD 5.0 on a server that is already running NNM 7.5

NNM 7.5 has a web based front end based on Apache and Tomcat.

The installation of SD 5.0 Server is going to install Apache & Tomcat too.

Now, as Apache and Tomcat aren't HP code, does anyone know whether there is likely to be an impact on NNM if I install SD 5.0 ?

I know that when it comes to installing SD 5.0 ServicePages I'll need to stop Apache / Tomcat or the install hangs, but I'm more concerned about whether the install is going to overwrite any Apache files used by NNM.

I know its early days, but has anyone, anywhere, tried this yet ?

Regards,

Dave Collier.
5 REPLIES
MarkvL
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: OVSD 5.0 & NNM 7.5 on same server ?

Hi Dave,

I don't know about the NNM files but I can give you a list of all tomcat/apache files installed with SD 5.0 if you want.

Mark
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
David Collier
Honored Contributor.

Hi Mark,

That would be a great start. I guess I'm going to be doing some interesting stuff here.

For reference, I did actually install it before I got the answer and the result was a heart skipping moment where NNM Homebase refused to work with a JVM_Bind address in use message and ovas refused to start. A swift reboot seemed to fix it, although i'm not totally convinced all is totally perfect with my install.

But yes, a list of the files installed would be very useful. Thanks.

Dave
MarkvL
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Dave,

Here is the list, I spooled the directory to a txt file.

Mark
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
David Collier
Honored Contributor.

Hi all,

It looks like I've fallen into the trap of being a bit suspicious of any new software !!!

THe SD 5.0 install detects whether Tomcat is installed and up and running and which port its using. If it's using a port that SD would normally use it simply picks another one. I seem to recall that when I did the install I saw the port number on screen.

Anyway, SD 5.0 is looking pretty impressive, ServicePages is working fine now and the "map" views are simply sent from heaven.

Cheers,

Dave Collier
David Collier
Honored Contributor.

See above