Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVSD 5.0 - Multiple Service pages for same module

Highlighted
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

OVSD 5.0 - Multiple Service pages for same module

Greetings everyone. Just recenly migrated from Magic to OVSD 5.0. I have a quick question about Servicepages.

Is there any way to have multiple forms for the same module? Specifically speaking, we have a "normal" Service Request form as well as a "New Hire / Termination" specialized Service Request form. In our old Magic system, both of these forms input data into the same table.

Can this be done in OVSD 5.0? I've heard that there can only be one form / module.
6 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: OVSD 5.0 - Multiple Service pages for same module

Hi,

Service pages just renders one form for registering a call. You could develop other forms with jsp and use the jso or the web api to write back the values.
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

Dang. That disappoints.

Carol Hibbard
Honored Contributor

The Service Request Manager product from Westbury may be a better fit for your needs.
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

"The Service Request Manager product from Westbury may be a better fit for your needs."

I appreciate the suggestion, however since my organization has committed a substantial amount of money to this solution allready, (as well as a replacement reporting solution) I just don't have the heart to ask for more money for another add-on.

Does this lack of functionality bother anyone else?
Carol Hibbard
Honored Contributor

Another option you might consider is to use the Email inbound interface with message formats that have the desired fields included to populate the service call.

The service pages interface is free and therefore doesn't offer a lot of out-of-the-box flexibility but can be customized as described in previous responses using the jsp code or APIs.
Carol Hibbard
Honored Contributor

Perhaps you could ask other users to share their work with multiple Service page forms. For example, see: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1049427
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event