The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVSD 4.5 support with SQL 2005?

Highlighted
amykoh

OVSD 4.5 support with SQL 2005?

Hi,

Has anyone installed OVSD 4.5 with SQL 2005 Std Ed?...which SP is supported?...according to the SQL 2005 supprt pack it says only SP 16-18 is supported.

Has anyone tried with SP19?

Is there any documentation on OVSD 4.5 with SQL 2005 installation guide?

I'm facing some issues when running the db config of SD. I either get this error:

- "javax/transaction/xa/XAResource"
- or "Connection Failed. No details available"

Am I required to install the SQL 2005 service pack?

Please help.
3 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: OVSD 4.5 support with SQL 2005?

Hello,

Though we don't use SQL2005 I think that since SP18 is supported, the same should apply for SP19 and SP20. Each SP is supposed to contains fixes of all previous SPs.

Since SP19 was out just a month before this fix, I suppose that this hotfix was issued for customers not willing to upgrade to SP19 at this time. But as I wrote, since we don't use SQL2005 I can't be sure about it.
menes fhtagn
Jonathon Druce
Honored Contributor

Not sure if this is much help now but we got the same issue on a client site today and it turned out that someone had edited the Path environment variable to point to another Java JRE which SD 4.5 did not like. Fixing this up solved the issue.

Hello
Does OVSD 4.5 support SQL 2005 64 bit version.

We got an error on data export procedure
Could not get DB connection to: jdbc:odbc:test1, user: reader
ErrorNumber: 5000

Thanks,
Dmitriy
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event