The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 10:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 10:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVSD 4.5 on W2k3 Fresh install

Highlighted
Pinion
HPE Expert

OVSD 4.5 on W2k3 Fresh install

Hi Folk,

I try to install OVSD 4.5 application on Windows 2003 server standard edition, should I have to apply any patch?, if yes, please suggest. Also I have to install OVSD WebConsle on Windows 2003 server standard edition, firstly I install "j2sdk-1_4_2_06-windows-i586-p.exe" and then execute the "webconsole_install.exe", it doesn't work. I logon to the system with domain admin and got this error. please help, -_-"

The installer Cannot Be Run On this System. This installation must be run as root.

This Application has Unexpectedly Quit

Invocation of this Java Application has caused an Invocation TargetException. This will now exit. (LAX)

Application Exception Details.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.zerog.ia.installer.IAStatusLog.a(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Installer.showRulesFailedDialog(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Installer.finishInstantiatingInstaller(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.c(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)

Any Advice/Experience Greeting Appreciated.
Best REgards,
-/\-
5 REPLIES
MarkvL
Honored Contributor

Re: OVSD 4.5 on W2k3 Fresh install

Hi,

Which webconsole are you trying to install?
SDSK_00050 is the correct one.

A corrupt version (SDSK_00047) was released before but has been replaced.

Mark
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Pinion
HPE Expert

Yes, I try to install SDSK_00050 now, it ok and how about the application server. it a same SDSK_00050?
Thank you.
-/\-
Oguz Kutlu Asi
Honored Contributor

You need windows 2003 support patch (i think it is SDSK_00036.EXE). Extract it, and simply you have to replace "hp OpenView service desk 4.5 application server.msi" and
"hp OpenView service desk 4.5 service pages.msi" with original ones before running setup.
What's right is right, whether or not God exists
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Forgive me, but the Web Client needs to be installed on a seperate machine from the app server.
REASON: the web client requires the newer version of java, etc... sd4.5 uses 1.3, the client from what I remeber reading requires 1.4/5?
Just a thought.
Marc
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Ranjeet Kumar_1
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,
could anyone help to get/download 'HP OVSD 4.5' server application from HP site

Regards,
Ranjeet
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event