cancel

OVSD 4.5 SP20 HPUX : Adding approvers without the approval group option

Highlighted
Kashif Masood_1
Respected Contributor.

OVSD 4.5 SP20 HPUX : Adding approvers without the approval group option

Hello,

Need help to resolve the following business objective :

We would like to add any person from the persons database in the "Caller" field on the Service Call form, however, we want to add ONLY specific persons in the Approval Vote using the "Add" button.

We tried assigning these specific persons ( i.e. approvers ) into a folder and gave a view access to the initiator only to this folder therefore the initiator was able to select from a controled list of persons in the Approval Vote, but now the problem is that the "Caller" field is also showing the same specific persons records and the initiator is unable to create a call for anyone from the organization which is required.

We do not want to create Approval Votes from the Approval Group option as we have more than 800 approvers and would requier very high maintenance.

Please advice if anybody has achieved this somehow. Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: OVSD 4.5 SP20 HPUX : Adding approvers without the approval group option

Hello Kashif,

Unfortunately I cannot see any easy solution. The best thing I can think right now is to create a view that contains only persons that can be approvers (as you did) but NOT make this view as default for persons.

When a caller is entered and the operator press "Advanced Find" he must choose the all persons view (with according filters). When someone must enter an approver, at the advanced find should choose the constructed view (with according filters) that lists the persons that can be approvers.
menes fhtagn
Kashif Masood_1
Respected Contributor.

Re: OVSD 4.5 SP20 HPUX : Adding approvers without the approval group option

Hello,

Thanks for the response, however, there is still a potential probelm as the role of "coordinator" is used to create the service call and the personnel using this role will have to add the caller as well as the approver. Now with this solution both the views are available and the while adding an approver the personnel might also add a normal user who is not an approver from the availble "All persons" view. Please comment.
Regards.