OVSD 4.5/SP19 Not formatting correctly.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
James Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

OVSD 4.5/SP19 Not formatting correctly.

Hi All!

I have two AutoFormat rules for a particular Servicecall view. The first says to mark the line red if the Prio is HIGH. The second says mark the line BOLD if "To deadline is less than 0:01".

The problem is that all of the calls where the deadline is in the future are bold and all where the deadline is in the past are not. This is the exact opposite of what it should be.

If I add "To Deadline" to the list of fields that are displayed, then the formatting is correct.

The problem is compounded by more wierdness. I have enclosed a MS-Word document with two screenshots. These contain the same view and the same autoformat setting. The only difference is that in one case I have included the "To deadline" field. This shows the fields as they should be.

However, note the entry second from the bottom. To deadline is -1:22 so in the first case (where the formatting is reversed), it should not be bold because the deadline in the future should be bold.

It seems if time to deadline is below some value, it behaves differently.

I have tried this on different machines, cleared the cached and removed the cache files. Time and timezone is the same on the client and server. The same thing is happening with the other service desk objects.

I am at a loss to explain it.

regards,

jimmo
www.linux-tutorial.info
3 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: OVSD 4.5/SP19 Not formatting correctly.

Hello Jimmo,

Yes, this is a known issue. Formating rules behavior is indeterminate if the rule that is used in formating doesn't appear on the view.
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Btw, you forgot to attach the doc!
menes fhtagn
James Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hmmmm. I guess I was asleep.
www.linux-tutorial.info