Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVSD 4.5/SP16 Overview action on all incidents with same description

Highlighted
James Mohr

OVSD 4.5/SP16 Overview action on all incidents with same description

Hi All!

In all of the years I have been doing tech support if one kind or another, one very useful troubleshooting tool is to find service calls/trouble tickets with the same symptoms. In a few cases are these on the same machine and ever fewer cases are these likely to have the same deadline. However, when creating smart actions I *can* display all incidents with the same CI and with the same deadline. However, I apparently *cannot* create a smart action that lists all of the incidents with the same description.

One argument against this being useful might be the fact that the description is free-text and one can put anything in there, so finding the exact same text is not likely. However, we have OVSD intergrated with OVOU and most of the incidents do, in fact, have the exact same text as previous incidents. However, I cannot find a way of creating a smart action based on the description.

Any ideas are greatly appreaciated.

Regards,

jimmo
www.linux-tutorial.info
2 REPLIES

Re: OVSD 4.5/SP16 Overview action on all incidents with same description

Hi Jimmo,

The only option that I see is that you create a UI rule with a user notification to indicate that standing in the desccription field (when a value has changed, description (*) is not empty...)he should start the advanced find (F5). In this case he starts the advanced find with the search field. Indicating that he can use one or more words from the description field to find back other incidents with the same description.

hope this helps.

Lawrence
we have been where you wanna go..
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

Re: OVSD 4.5/SP16 Overview action on all incidents with same description

You can use sd_dataform from a smart action to accomplish this.

sd_dataform -listalways "Service Call" "desription=[Description]"
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event